It's a rip-off!Apparently when we signed up there were screens that said you pay for your time slot and even if you call a week ahead to cancel you still pay for the lesson.

The person there at the time said "just forward through these screens and don't worry about them" and had us blindly sign a contract (should have been wiser I know now but I trusted them!) Furthermore, when we called to cancel as we had missed a whole month due to college visits & open houses (all of which were communicated beforehand) they claimed we didn't give two weeks notice and could only get a fraction of our money back! Money hounds... and nothing more! I'm not the only one who feels ripped off apparently...

should have read the reviews beforehand as well!!:-(

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of music and arts customer care. Music And Arts needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned music and arts customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Music And Arts.

Had an Experience with Music And Arts?

Comments

Valley Stream, New York, United States #1272115

I know that some time has passed since your post, but the action taken and decision to not credit your account was probably made by the instructor, not Music and Arts.The fault actually lies with the instructor who is a subcontractor of the store-- if it's not too late, bring it up with the teacher!

I have a friend who studies with a violin teacher that makes her students sign a contract stating they'll forfeit their money for the lesson missed if not notified within "x" amount of time.

But my other friend studies piano and her teacher makes up missed lessons so that her family is getting all the lessons she paid for.

If the teacher traveled, the teacher can tell the store to "approve" of a refund or credit for my her.

Hope this helps!